014: Effective Goal SettingDec 08, 2017
Goal setting: It's something that we know we should do, but do we always do it? And if we do, are we setting effective and appropriate goals that are pushing us to succeed or setting us up for failure?
When we look at our lives and want to improve our health, our running, or just our life in general, we should be setting goals. In this episode, you will learn:
- What are 3 big challenges when trying to set an appropriate goal?
- Why is fear a good sign when setting a goal?
- Why not achieving your goal is a good thing
- What are 4 keys to setting good goals
- What are some specific considerations when setting goals as a new runner
- What our personal running goals are for the new year
- And how it all connects to our lives outside of running (this one is pretty obvious)
We hope you enjoy this one! Enter your email below for our free goal setting worksheet!
Thanks for Listening!!
To help out the show:
Leave an honest review on iTunes. Your ratings and reviews really help and we read each one!
Subscribe on iTunes, Stitcher, or Google Play
Check out our other episodes here
Check out our new members-only area with TONS of resources, including distance-specific training plans, non-distance based training plans, a HUGE video library of strengthening, stretching, foam rolling, and mobility exercises, our guide on choosing the right running shoe, and more!! Check that out here.