010: Effort-based Running: The Pros and ConsNov 09, 2017
What is effort-based running and what are the pros and cons? We break it down for you in this episode. There is definitely a good time and place for effort-based training and times when pace-driven training is more appropriate.
In this episode you will learn:
- What is effort-based running?
- The different levels of effort-based running
- What level most of your training should be in
- The purpose of each level and what training adaptations that creates
- The difference between aerobic and anaerobic training
- The different fuel sources that our bodies use during training
- How intensity level affects the fuel sources that our bodies use
- The difference between effort-based and heart rate zone training
- The right and wrong times to use effort-based training vs pace-driven training
- And lots more!
Thanks for Listening!!
To share your thoughts:
Share this show on Facebook or Instagram and leave your comments below the image for that episode.
To help out the show:
Leave an honest review on iTunes. Your ratings and reviews really help and we read each one!
Subscribe on iTunes, Stitcher, or Google Play
Check out our other episodes here