039: Going All-InJun 07, 2018
What's the point of training if you're not all-in? Do you believe in your training plan? Do you believe in your support system? Do you believe in yourself??
Today's society seems to be overruled by FOMO, the fear of missing out. People are always looking for the next best thing and don't want to be left behind. People are always second guessing if what they are doing is the best thing or if there is something better waiting around the corner.
What's the best training plan for you? In truth, there are a lot of good training plans out there, and most of them work. There are some that have more focus on distance and some focus more on speed, but most will work. However, they aren't going to work if you don't commit to them or if you jump from plan to plan looking for the fastest results.
Buy in. Commit. Succeed. That's the theme of today's episode.
We talk about:
- Belief in your training plan
- There are lots of training plans that work. Pick one and stick to it. Don't jump from one to the other without giving the plan enough time to work.
- Belief in your support system
- Surround yourself with runners, friends, coaches that want YOU to succeed
- Communicate with those people so that they know how best to help you
- Belief in yourself
- The challenge of doing something that has never been done
- If you fully commit, the results are then on your shoulders
- If you don't fully commit, you are always giving yourself a built-in excuse
- The importance of different workouts to build physical and mental toughness and confidence
- The importance of remembering your why, especially if things don't go exactly as planned
- The importance of accepting responsibility for your outcome
Hope you enjoy it!! Let us know if you have any questions that you would like answered on our show!
Thanks for Listening!!
Come join us for the Key West Half Marathon on January 20, 2019! It is our first Real Life Runners destination race, and we would love to meet you in person!
We are working out all of the details now, and will hopefully have some special rates on hotels/accommodations as well as a fun after-party for our tribe of listeners. We currently have a discount code for our listeners, so if you are ready to register, use the code REALLIFE when checking out on Active.com for 15% off of your registration! Also, be sure to add yourselves to part of our team, Real Life Runners! Come and join us!
If you have a topic you would like us to talk about, please send us an email at [email protected]
Click here to request to be added to our private Facebook tribe!
Leave an honest review on iTunes. Your ratings and reviews really help and we read each one!
Interested in Training plans and Coaching? Check that out here!
Check out our new members-only area with a HUGE video library of strengthening, stretching, foam rolling, and mobility exercises, and more!! Check that out here.
Don't forget: The information in this website is not intended to treat or diagnose any medical condition or to provide medical advice. It is intended for general education in the areas of health and wellness. All information contained in this site is intended to be educational in nature. Nothing should be considered medical advice for your specific situation.
Enter your email address to get weekly episodes delivered to your inbox plus tips on how to become a physically and mentally stronger runner!
Don't worry, we won't blow up your inbox. We just want to send you some great info to help you in your running journey. We hate SPAM, and we will never sell your information, for any reason.