065: Running Gift Ideas
Dec 06, 2018
Best running gifts
The best gifts are something that the recipient wants but does not want to buy for themselves. The gift is removing the barrier of spending money on something they they could live without, but don’t want to.
Here are some of our favorites. Find most of them at this link.
- Stay safe and keep your loved ones safe. Make sure you are visible when running in the dark. Our favorite is the Noxgear Tracer360
- Super watch - check for signals before dropping the money on something like this. It is amazing, but not if the user does not want it - Our favorite is the Garmin Forerunner 235
- Running shoes - plug your nose and look at their shoes - make sure to get the exact style and size, as we are a picky group. If you are not sure, take a picture and bring it to your local running store, they will know. Need a stocking stuffer, get tech socks! It’s a sock present that people actually want.
- Running sunglasses - Angie's favorite are Goodr sunglasses. Make sure to read the descriptions of each pair for a good laugh. Kevin wears Boston Bills, which look like more traditional running sunglasses.
- We didn't mention this in the episode, but you could also get them a Real Life Runners tank or shirt! :) Shameless plug, we know.
Recovery and injury prevention gear:
- Compression sleeves - like a hug for your calves - our favorite brand is Zensah
- Foam roller - no one wants to buy a small torture device, but everyone enjoys the benefits
- Resistance bands - great for strength training and hip strengthening - an absolute must for runners
- Water bottle - they surely have one, but is it actually nice? Does it really keep water cold. Encourage and support their hydration. We recommend stainless steel and vacuum-insulated. You can go name brand, but don't really have to.
- High quality blender - if they like running there is a good chance they like smoothies, but no one likes icy smoothies so help them out with a quality blender. We like the Ninja blenders - more of a mid-price range but they work very well.
- Once a Runner should be read by all young runners, but would be enjoyed by runners of all ages.
- If your runner is a cook, consider Run Fast, Eat Slow. Great recipes with natural ingredients to nourish a runner's body.
- Running partner - give the gift of companionship. If you can’t keep up joining a running group together could be a great way to grow closer. I feel like other runners understand me better than non-runners
- Coaching - most recreational level runners would consider a running coach an unnecessary expense but would get a personal trainer at a gym. Help them out and let them see how much coaching can advance their running performance. We have some coaching programs available here.
- Race entry - Has the recipient been talking about a race with excitement? Consider signing them up, or sign up both of you.
- Destination race - if you are both runners, plan a weekend away around a big out of town race
- Overnight care for the kids - runners that like to race can be seriously hindered by kids that do not want to wake up early on the weekend. Take part of the stress away from the race by watching the kids overnight. The runner can get to bed early and wake up whenever they want and go through their pre-race routine without worrying about the kids.
Hope you enjoy it!! Let us know if you have any questions that you would like answered on our show!
Thanks for Listening!!
We have SHIRTS! Check them out!
Want to support the show? Join our patron supporters and be featured on our patron wall of fame!
Need a new running and strengthening plan handed to you every month? Check out our all new RLR Tribe Membership, which takes out all of the guesswork, giving you a 30 min and 45 min option for your running days, with time-based and effort-based workouts so that you can become a stronger runner, no matter where you are right now on your running journey! It also includes runner-specific strengthening, drills, mobility work, and HIIT workouts to keep you running strong and injury-free.
Come join us for the Key West Half Marathon on January 20, 2019! It is our first Real Life Runners destination race, and we would love to meet you in person! We currently have a discount code for our listeners, so if you are ready to register, use the code REALLIFE when checking out on Active.com for 15% off of your registration! Also, be sure to add yourselves to part of our team, Real Life Runners! Come and join us!
If you have a topic you would like us to talk about, please send us an email at [email protected] or [email protected]
Come find us on Facebook and Instagram and say hi! There is an Instagram page for the show @realliferunners, and we each have a personal account now - follow Kevin @kevinbrown.rlr or Angie @angiebrown.rlr to see what they're up to in running and life!
Click here to request to be added to our private Facebook tribe!
Leave an honest review on iTunes. Your ratings and reviews really help and we read each one!
Subscribe on iTunes, Stitcher, Spotify, iHeartRadio, or Google Podcasts
Interested in Custom training plans and Personalized Coaching? Check that out here!
Check out our other episodes here
Don't forget: The information in this website is not intended to treat or diagnose any medical condition or to provide medical advice. It is intended for general education in the areas of health and wellness. All information contained in this site is intended to be educational in nature. Nothing should be considered medical advice for your specific situation.
*Note: Some links above are affiliate links and by purchasing through our link, we earn a small commission from your purchase. Your purchase price is the same whether you use the link or not.
Click here to support the show!
We would love your support so that we can keep producing great content for you on our podcast!
Every dollar helps, and you can pledge as little as $1 a month to show your love and appreciation if you find value in what we do! Thank you so much!