080: Should I Add Cross Training to My Running Schedule?Mar 21, 2019
We believe that cross training is important for every real life runner. It helps you to get in better shape, train muscles that you don't normally train while running, and increase or maintain cardiovascular fitness if you are injured.
Running-specific types of cross training: pool running, elliptical, ElliptiGo
Other cross training: swimming, cycling, hiking, stair climbing, yoga, pilates, fitness classes, weight training, strength training
We believe that adding cross training to your weekly schedule has significant benefits. Try out a bunch of different types and see what you like!
- Why We Sleep - Dr. Matthew Walker - book recommendation
- Found My Fitness - episode with Rhonda Patrick and Matthew Walker about sleep
- Aqua Jogger pool running belt
- Our Favorite Products to Make Healthy Living Easier - find our favorite plant-based protein supplements here
- Our Coaching Programs
- We have SHIRTS! Show your Real Life Runner Pride!
- Speed Workouts (by time and effort)
Hope you enjoy it!! Let us know if you have any questions that you would like answered on our show!
Thanks for Listening!!
Want to support the show? Check out our options here!
Come find us on Facebook and Instagram and say hi! There is an Instagram page for the show @realliferunners, and we each have a personal account now - follow Kevin @kevinbrown.rlr or Angie @angiebrown.rlr to see what they're up to in running and life!
Click here to request to be added to our private Facebook tribe!
Leave an honest review on iTunes. Your ratings and reviews really help and we read each one!