235: What To Do After a Race
Some runners race all the time, others plan out a few bigger events during the year and plan the training calendar around them. However you like to run, there is an important aspect about training plans that is often neglected. What are you supposed to do after the race? On this episode, we discuss several aspects to consider when deciding how to follow up a race.
- How physically taxing was the race?
- How mentally taxing was the race?
- When is the next event?
- What is the bigger picture? Why do you run?
- The longer the race, the longer you spend red-lining, the more mentally exhausting, the more time you need to recover
- The more the race is like a training run, the more you can recover like a similar training run
- The recovery should be based on the race objectively, not from subjective “good or bad” results
What are your thoughts?? Come over to Instagram @realliferunners and let us know!
Thanks for Listening!!
Come find us on Instagram and say hi!
Leave an honest review on iTunes. Your ratings and reviews really help and we read each one!
Interested in Training plans and Coaching? Check that out here!
Don't forget: The information on this website is not intended to treat or diagnose any medical condition or to provide medical advice. It is intended for general education in the areas of health and wellness. All information contained in this site is intended to be educational in nature. Nothing should be considered medical advice for your specific situation.