Blueberry Oatmeal PancakesAug 22, 2016
These are so good!! We have pancakes every Sunday, so today I thought I would mix it up and try a new recipe. We were all glad that I did! The soaked oats give it an awesome nutty flavor and more hearty texture.
Blueberry Oatmeal Pancakes
Makes about 12 pancakes. I usually double the recipe and have leftovers to eat throughout the week!
- 1 cup rolled oats, soaked overnight in milk (dairy or non-dairy)
- 1/2 cup white whole wheat flour
- 1/2 cup milk (dairy or non-dairy)
- 1/2 tsp baking powder
- 1/2 tsp baking soda
- 2 tbsp coconut oil
- 1 large egg
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 1 tsp cinnamon powder
- 1/2 cup blueberries
- Heat griddle to medium-high.
- Warm the milk for 45 sec in the microwave then warm coconut oil until it is liquified. If you add the coconut oil to something cold, it will chunk up so make sure everything is at room temperature.
- Whisk egg. Add the rest of the ingredients and stir until combined.
- Add in blueberries and stir to combine.
- Pour or spoon out portions onto heated griddle. Cook until tiny bubbles start to form in pancake. Using a spatula, flip the pancake over to the other side. Cook 2-3 minutes until browned and done.
- Serve with a side of fruit and/or maple syrup and enjoy!