017: Running Tech - the Pros and ConsDec 28, 2017
Technology has paved the way for huge advancements in running. While not many are going to argue the benefits of shoe updates and wicking fibers, the picture becomes a little less clear when you look at activity trackers and phone apps. Have we become so dependent on technology that we are missing the human component of running and training?
Today we will talk about:
- What is the point of heart-rate based training
- What are the shortfalls of HR training
- Why it can be incredibly helpful to have gps tracking on your wrist
- The disconnect between pace tracking and HR training
- Why a pace tracker on your wrist can help and hurt your ability to repeat different paces in the future
- Why your watches race prediction time might not be very accurate
- The inability of technology to measure heart, desire, and passion
Don't forget - if you need help with your plan - we got your back! Use code PODCAST for 10% off of your first month of premium membership AND a customized 4 week training plan if you sign up before the end of 2017! Check it out here!
Thanks for Listening!!
To help out the show:
Leave an honest review on iTunes. Your ratings and reviews really help and we read each one!
Subscribe on iTunes, Stitcher, or Google Play
Check out our other episodes here
Check out our new members-only area with TONS of resources, including distance-specific training plans, non-distance based training plans, a HUGE video library of strengthening, stretching, foam rolling, and mobility exercises, our guide on choosing the right running shoe, and more!! Check that out here.