030: Rebuilding After InjuryApr 05, 2018
Injury. The runner’s nemesis. Sometimes it is avoidable. Other times, it is not. Sometimes we trip and fall. Sometimes the injury is a result of overtraining. Either way, many runners will find themselves needing to rebuild their mileage after injury.
Today, we talk about rebuilding speed and power after injury. We start out with some tips on how to prevent those little aches and pain from turning into a bigger injury (Hint, when in doubt, ice it out!).
Unfortunately though, not all injuries are preventable. Some are more serious. Some require the dreaded time off. If you do find yourself injured, there are definitely good and bad ways to get back into running and rebuild your fitness.
Today we talk about:
- What you can do to avoid injury
- Ways to self-treat to prevent little aches and pains from becoming something bigger
- Ways to stay in shape while rehabbing from injury
- How to safely get back into running once the injury has been cleared
- Understanding when changing your training plan might be necessary
- How much time it will take you to get back to where you were prior to the injury
- Three main areas to focus on outside of training to prevent the injury from happening again
Hope you enjoy it!! Let us know if you have any questions that you would like answered on our show!
Thanks for Listening!!
To help out the show:
If you have a topic you would like us to talk about, please send us an email at [email protected]
Leave an honest review on iTunes. Your ratings and reviews really help and we read each one!
Subscribe on iTunes, Stitcher, or Google Play
Interested in Training plans and Coaching? Check that out here!
Check out our new members-only area with a HUGE video library of strengthening, stretching, foam rolling, and mobility exercises, our guide on choosing the right running shoe, and more!! Check that out here.